Read The Outlandish Companion: The First Companion to the Outlander series, covering Outlander, Dragonfly in Amber, Voyager, and Drums of Autumn by Diana Gabaldon Free Online
Book Title: The Outlandish Companion: The First Companion to the Outlander series, covering Outlander, Dragonfly in Amber, Voyager, and Drums of Autumn|
The author of the book: Diana Gabaldon
ISBN: No data
ISBN 13: No data
Format files: PDF
The size of the: 527 KB
Edition: Delacorte Press
Date of issue: March 31st 2015
Read full description of the books The Outlandish Companion: The First Companion to the Outlander series, covering Outlander, Dragonfly in Amber, Voyager, and Drums of Autumn:#1 New York Times bestselling author Diana Gabaldon has captivated millions of readers with her critically acclaimed Outlander novels, the inspiration for the Starz original series. From the moment Claire Randall stepped through a standing stone circle and was thrown back in time to the year 1743—and into a world that threatens life, limb, loyalty, heart, soul, and everything else Claire has—readers have been hungry to know everything about this world and its inhabitants, particularly a Scottish soldier named Jamie Fraser.
In this beautifully illustrated compendium of all things Outlandish, Gabaldon covers the first four novels of the main series, including:
• full synopses of Outlander, Dragonfly in Amber, Voyager, and Drums of Autumn
• a complete listing of the characters (fictional and historical) in the first four novels in the series, as well as family trees and genealogical notes
• a comprehensive glossary and pronunciation guide to Gaelic terms and usage
• The Gabaldon Theory of Time Travel, explained
• frequently asked questions to the author and her (sometimes surprising) answers
• an annotated bibliography
• essays about medicine and magic in the eighteenth century, researching historical fiction, creating characters, and more
• professionally cast horoscopes for Jamie and Claire
• the making of the TV series: how we got there from here, and what happened next (including “My Brief Career as a TV Actor”)
• behind-the-scenes photos from the Outlander TV series set
For anyone who wants to spend more time with the Outlander characters and the world they inhabit, Diana Gabaldon here opens a door through the standing stones and offers a guided tour of what lies within.
From the Hardcover edition.
Read information about the authorDiana Jean Gabaldon Watkins grew up in Flagstaff, Arizona and is of Mexican-American and English descent. She has earned three degrees: a B.S. in Zoology, a M.S. in Marine Biology, and a Ph.D in Ecology.
She currently lives in Scottsdale, Arizona .